Thursday, December 5, 2019

Merry Mice with Hello Bluebird

Good morning, crafty friends! Is everyone ready for Christmas? Today, I have a sweet Holiday card for you using one of my favorite sets from Hello BluebirdMerry Mice, and the amazing stand alone Treehouse Scene Die and Holiday Add-On.


To create this slimline card, I started by cutting a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock to 3 1/2 X 8 1/2". I ink blended Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxides onto top  1/3 of the card base, then splattered watered down white acrylic paint to create snow and set aside to dry. Next, I die cut the Treehouse from a wood grain cardstock I had in my stash, and all the other treehouse elements from various cardstock, and added Snow-Tex paste onto the treehouse and windows for a realistic snowy look. Once dried, I assembled the Treehouse and set aside. Next, I used the Hill and Dale Die and cut my snowy hills from white cardstock and trimmed down to 3 1/2" width. I inked the snowtops with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide to add a bit of contrast.


Next, I stamped all images from the Merry Mice Stamp set onto Bristol smooth cardstock, and colored with Copic markers. I added white accents to my images using a white gel pen. I die cut all of my colored images using the coordinating Merry Mice Die

Now that everything is cut and colored, it's time to assemble the card! Cut a piece of heavy white cardstock to 7 X 8 1/2, score at 3 1/2, and fold to create your card base.  Next, attach your inked panel to the card base using a strong adhesive.  I attached my snowy hills onto my card, then the treehouse, trimming off any excess overhang. Then, I arranged the sweet mice to create little scenes throughout the card. Once I was happy with the arrangement, all images were attached using foam tape for dimension. 


Thanks for stopping by today...have a great day! 

Tammy XO




2 comments:

  1. Tammy this is such a fantastic Christmas card! I think it may be my favourite card I have seen so far this year! The colour blends are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! New to bluebird stamps, thanks for sharing such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...