Saturday, February 15, 2020

Toadally Awesome Friend

Hi crafty friends! I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Today, I have a Spring themed friendship card, featuring Garden Friends from Hello Bluebird, one of my all time favorite sets! Maybe it's because my Dad had a "thing" for frogs? He would always buy us something frog related for every occasion...frog ornaments for Christmas, frog stuffed animals for Valentine's Day, etc, LOL! In honor of my Dad, I have a frog sitting on a toadstool in my backyard, and these sweet images remind me of him and his quirky affinity for frogs! :)



To begin, I cut a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2"  panel of Bristol smooth cardstock, and inked the top half with Distress Oxide inks in Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass. Next, I cut the grass, using the Grassy Knoll Die, and inked it using Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxides. I layered my grass border over my blue inked panel.

I cut a stitched rectangle from white cardstock, and cut out a circle to frame my scene. I placed it over my inked background, using foam squares to pop it up for dimension.



Next, I stamped the images from the Garden Friends Stamp set onto Bristol cardstock, and colored with Copic markers. I added highlights to my colored images using a white gel pen and then cut them out using the Garden Friends Die.

I arranged my colored images onto my card, and attached some with foam squares for dimension.


I cut a strip of black cardstock, heat embossed it with white embossing powder, and attached to the bottom of the circle opening.

Using the Hello Friend Words Die, I cut "friend" three times from a pale pink cardstock, layered them, and glued onto my card with a fine tip glue pen. 

To complete my card, I attached my card front to an A2 card base. 

Thanks so much for joining me today! See you next time!

XO,
Tammy


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!I have this stampset and I'm going to attempt to make this. Thank you for sharing your beautiful talent🙂

    ReplyDelete

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...