Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Savanna Safari with Sunny Studio

Hi crafty friends! Tammy here with a fun card featuring Savanna Safari from Sunny Studio Stamps brand new release. I also used the new Tropical Scenes Stamp to create a lush canopy for our jungle cuties.


To begin, I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock to 3 1/4 X 8 1/4", and ink blended it with Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks. I splattered some water and some thinned Mowed Lawn ink onto my background with a paintbrush for some interest, and set aside to dry.

Next, I stamped, colored my images from the Savanna Safari, Tropical Scenes, and Fabulous Flamingo (leaves) stamp sets. I added highlights to my colored images with a white gel pen, and die cut with the Savanna Safari Dies, Tropical Scenes Dies, and Fabulous Flamingo Dies.


Next, I arranged my colored images onto my card. I colored and cut two of the vine borders and pieced them together onto my card to fit the longer length of the slimline card. The critters were then all attached with foam tape for dimension. I tucked the leaves from Fabulous Flamingos behind the critters to create a fuller scene and fill in any sparse areas. 

To complete my card, I stamped the sentiment onto a black cardstock strip, heat embossed it with white embossing powder, and attached to my card front. The completed panel was then attached to a 3 1/2 X 8 1/2" white card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by...see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...