Saturday, December 26, 2020

Penguin Pals with Sunny Studio

 Hi friends! Today, I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog sharing a couple of cards I made with one of my favorite sets, Penguin Pals. While this set can certainly be used to make holiday cards, I love that it can be used to create winter themed cards, as well!


I chose a cool color palette in pinks, and purples, with a pop of aqua, to create these fun cards...perfect for Winter birthdays!


For my first card, I created a slimline birthday card. To begin, I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock, using the rectangle die from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies. I ink blended the background with Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks. Next, I splattered some white acrylic paint onto the background and white heat embossed some snowflakes to create a fun snowy sky. 

I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and die cut images from the following sets:


Copic Colors:
Aqua: BG49, BG13, BG11, BG10
Pink: R39, RV66, RV55, RV63, RV52
Green: G40, G21, G24, G28
Purple: V09, V17, V15, V12
Orange: Y35, YR04


Next, I die cut some snowy hills using the Slimline Nature Borders Dies from white cardstock, inked the tops with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide, and attached to my inked background. I then tucked the trees behind the hill, and trimmed to fit the width of my card before attaching it to a white Scalloped Frame Die. Lastly, I attached the colored images to my card, using foam tape for dimension, then stamped the sentiment from Penguin Pals in black ink along the bottom to complete it.


To make this fun shaker card, I started by cutting a rectangle from white cardstock, then used the Stitched Arch Dies to cut out a window. Next, I attached a piece of acetate to the back of the white rectangle, covering the arch window. I applied foam tape around the opening and added some Majestic Mini Sequins and other jewels from my stash before attaching it to a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock, ink blended with Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves, and Milled Lavender. Next, I attached my shaker to a piece of 4 1/4 X 5 1/2" purple patterned paper from the Gingham Jewel Tones 6 X 6 Paper.

I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and die cut images from the following sets:



Lastly, I attached the colored images to my card, using foam tape on some for dimension. Next, I white heat embossed the sentiment from Penguin Pals onto a black sentiment strip and attached it to my card to complete it!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you were inspired to create some winter themed cards of your own! Have a great day!

Hugs, 
Tammy












No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...