Monday, December 30, 2019

First Snow with Hello Bluebird

Hi crafty friends! Thanks for joining me today as I share my last card of the decade(hehe, I've been waiting to say that)! Today, I have another winter themed card, featuring First Snow from Hello Bluebird. I just absolutely adore all those sweet critters lined up, frolicking in the snow!


To make my slimline card, I first started by cutting a heavy weight piece of cardstock to 7 X 8 1/2" and scoring at 3 1/2" to create my card base.  Next, I die cut a piece of  snowflake patterned paper using this die and attached to my card base and set aside. From Bristol smooth cardstock, I cut a smaller rectangle and inked with Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress oxide inks. Using a paintbrush, I splattered broken China DO ink watered down onto my panel, then did the same using white acrylic paint to create some texture and interest. Set aside to dry.


Next, I stamped all the sweet critters from the First Snow Stamp set onto Bristol smooth cardstock with black Momento Ink. All images were colored with Copic markers. I added highlights to my stamped images using a Sakura white Gelly Roll pen. I then cut out all of my colored images using the First Snow Die.


Next, I layered my inked panel onto the snowflake paper and adhered with tape runner.  Then, from white cardstock, I cut my snowy hill and inked the top with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and attached to the bottom of my inked panel. I arranged my snow critters onto my card, and attached all with foam tape for dimension. I tucked the deer behind the snowy hill, so he did not get dimensional tape.  Next, I cut a couple speech bubbles from white cardstock using the Photo Stack Die. I stamped a couple of sentiments from the First Snow stamp set onto the speech bubbles and attached to card.


To finish off my card, I cut some "snow" from white cardstock using the Snowy Sky Scene Die. Using a glue pen, I adhered a few of the round snow pieces onto my card to add a little texture and to create more of a snowy feel.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...Wishing you all a Happy and healthy New Year!!

XO,
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...