Sunday, January 5, 2020

Unicorn Tales with Hello Bluebird

Happy 2020, friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday season! Today, I have a sweet slimline card, featuring two of my favorites...unicorns and rainbows from Hello Bluebird! 


To begin, I took a 3 1/4 X 8 1/4" piece of Bristol cardstock and inked it with Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers, and Tumbles Glass Distress Oxides, blending really well.  Next, I splattered it with clean water and blotted off extra with a paper towel. I then loosened up some Shaded Lilac with water, and using a paintbrush, flicked it all over my panel to create some contrast. I set this aside to dry.


I stamped the unicorn images from the Unicorn Tales Stamp set with black Momento ink onto bristol smooth cardstock, and colored with Copic markers. Once colored, I cut them out with the coordinating Unicorn Tales Die.  


Next, I die cut the rainbow and clouds using the Rainbow Sky Die. I die cut the clouds twice, using both white cardstock and vellum, inking the bottom of the white clouds with Tumbled Glass Distress oxide ink. The rainbow was cut from several different colored cardstocks, assembled, and set aside.

I attached my inked panel to an 8 1/2 X 3 1/2" card base made from thick white cardstock. I arranged my rainbow on the card and carefully snipped off the excess. The clouds were then placed on the card, attaching the vellum clouds first, then layering the white clouds on top with dimensional foam tape. Next, the unicorns were attached with foam tape for dimension, and then the stars were glued down.


Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Unicorn Tales in black ink to finish off my card. And there you have it, a sweet card...perfect for the unicorn and rainbow loving girl in your life!!

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!

XO,
Tammy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...