Saturday, February 29, 2020

Easter Egg Hunt with Hello Bluebird

Happy Weekend and Happy Leap Day, friends!! With the weather getting warmer, and Spring on its way, I was inspired to create a fun Easter scene. My slimline card, measuring 3 1/2 X 8 1/2", was made using the Easter Egg Stamp set and Treehouse Scene Die from Hello Bluebird.



To begin, I cut a 3 1/4 X 8 1/4" panel of Bristol smooth cardstock. I inked the top of it with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Oxides. Next, I cut grassy hills, using the Grassy Knoll Die. I ink blended my grass strips with Shabby Shutters and Bundled Sage D.O. I then thinned out some Bundled Sage with a drop of water, and splattered it on the grass with a paintbrush to add some interest.


Next, I die cut the treehouse from various colored cardstock using the Treehouse Scene Die and assembled. I attached the assembled treehouse to the top of the inked panel with tape runner. I layered my grass onto the card, and then attached my panel to a 3 1/2 X 8 1/2" card base.

I stamped the images from Easter Egg Hunt and Spring Gatherings onto Bristol cardstock. All images were colored with Copic markers and highlighted with a white gel pen. Next, I cut out the colored images with the Easter Egg Hunt Die and the Spring Gatherings Die.


I stamped the sentiment from Spring Gatherings in Memento Tuxedo black ink. Finally, I attached all the sweet images to my card, tucking some behind the grass, and using foam tape for dimension on others. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!

XO, 
Tammy


1 comment:

  1. Awe it's Super Adorable!
    I haven't tried a slimline card yet.

    ReplyDelete

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...