Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Frilly Frames Herringbone with Sunny Studio

Hi crafty friends! Tammy here with a fun card featuring the Frilly Frames Herringbone from Sunny Studio Stamps brand new release. I also used the new Savanna Safari Stamps, one of my favorites, to create a sweet little jungle scene.



To begin, I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock, A2 sized, and ink blended it with Abandoned Coral and Scattered Straw Distress Oxide inks. I splattered some water and some thinned Abandoned Coral ink onto my background with a paintbrush for some interest, and set aside to dry.

Next, I stamped, colored my images from the Savanna Safari and Tropical Scenes (palm trees) stamp sets. I added highlights to my colored images with a white gel pen, and die cut with the Savanna Safari Dies and Tropical Scenes Dies.


Next, I die cut an A2 sized piece of kraft paper using the Frilly Frames Herringbone Die. I poked out all of the herringbone pieces, and it left me with this beautifully intricate frame that I layered on top of my inked panel.
Next, I die cut a white frame three times using the Fancy Frames Circle Dies.  I inked a circle to put behind the circle frame with Broken China, Tumbled Glass, and Scattered Straw Distress Oxide inks. I arranged my little scene, and the critters were then all attached with foam tape for dimension. I tucked the trees from Tropical Scenes behind the critters to create a fuller scene and fill in any sparse areas. 

To complete my card, I stamped the sentiment onto a black cardstock strip, heat embossed it with white embossing powder, and attached to my card front. The completed panel was then attached to an A2 white card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today ...see you next time!

XO,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...