Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Grad Cat with Sunny Studio

Hi friends! Tammy here with a card for Sunny Studio, featuring the adorable mini set, Grad Cat.
Sadly, graduation celebrations are being cancelled or rescheduled for Fall, so this card is sure to put a smile on the graduate's face!


To begin, I started with a rectangle panel of Bristol cardstock, and ink blended it with Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide. I splattered a bit of water and thinned Mustard Seed ink with a paintbrush, and set aside to dry. 

Next, I created my chalkboard by cutting some brown cardstock with the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies. I then cut a piece of black cardstock and embossed the "con-cat-ulations" sentiment and stars with white embossing powder. I layered the frame on top and rubbed my anti-static cloth over it to give it a real chalkboard look.

I cut a strip of woodgrain paper from the Subtle Grey Tones 6X6 Paper, and attached to the bottom of my card. I cut a thin strip of light grey cardstock and layered right above the patterned paper to mimic a baseboard.


Next, I stamped the images from Grad Cat and  Woo Hoo (diploma) onto Bristol Smooth cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, colored with Copic markers, and added highlights with a white gel pen. I cut out my colored images with the Grad Cat Dies and Woo Hoo Dies and arranged onto my card, adding foam tape for dimension.

Copic Colors:
Cat - N4, N2, N0, R30, R000, B12, B24, B28
Books: Red - R29, R24, R14, N2, N0
Yellow - Y15, Y11, Y00, N2, N0
Green - YG09, YG07, YG06, N2, N0
Blue - B28, B24, B12, N2, N0

Thanks so much for stopping by! You can find me on Instagram for more crafty inspiration!! Have a great day!

XO,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...