Saturday, October 16, 2021

Lawn Fawn for Simon Says Stamp

Hi friends! I'm so excited to be on the Simon Says Stamp blog with a project highlighting some brand new Lawn Fawn products! I created a sweet slimline card and coordinating tag featuring some adorable mice, decking the halls for the holidays!


To begin, I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and die cut images from the following sets to create the slimline card and tag:

Christmas Dreams Stamps and Dies (Tree on card and tag)
Cheery Christmas Stamps and Dies (Hat on card and tag)

Next, I die cut the red paper from the Let It Shine Snowflakes Paper using the Slimline With Sliders Die. I then cut a snowy border from white cardstock using the Slimline Stitched Hillside Borders, lightly inking the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink before adhering to the red background. Next, I framed the scene by cutting white cardstock using the Portrait Scalloped Slimline with Hearts. I then placed the largest die from the Slimline die and ran it through my die cut machine to create a frame. 


I die cut the snowflake from white cardstock 3 times using the Magic Iris Snowflake Add-On and stacking them together for some dimension. Next, I white heat embossed  the sentiment from Magic Holiday Messages onto Vellum, then hand cut it and adhered behind the snowflake before attaching it to the center of my card. I then arranged the colored images onto my card, attaching with foam tape for dimension. Lastly, I added some Mini Snowflakes to complete my card.

 

The scalloped tag was created by using the Window Scene Winter Dies. I cut scalloped base from white cardstock and the used the smaller rectangle die to cut the red patterned background from the Let It Shine Snowflakes Paper. I then die cut a snowy border using the Simple Stitched Hillside Border Dies from white cardstock and lightly inking the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink before adhering to the red background. I attached the colored images to the tag using foam tape for dimension and added a few Mini Snowflakes. Lastly, I punched a hole at the top of the tag and added some Peppermint Cord for the finishing touch!


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you were inspired to create some holiday projects with the new Lawn Fawn release at Simon Says Stamp!

Hugs,

Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...