Friday, November 22, 2019

Frosty Littles with Hello Bluebird

Hi friends! Today, I'm sharing a card I made using Hello Bluebird's Frosty Littles Stamp set, one of my all time favorites! I created a slimline card, so I could fit all the snowman cuties and not leave one out! Keep reading to see how I made this fun and festive card.



First, I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock using Trinity Stamps new  Slimline Card Series Dies. I used the smallest scallop panel to create a frame for my snowman scene. Next, I cut a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock to fit inside the scalloped rectangle. Then, I inked the panel using Distress Oxides in Broken China and Tumbled Glass. Using a paintbrush, I flicked white acrylic paint and Broken China D.O. thinned out with water to give my background a snowy look.


Next, I stamped the darling snowmen from the Hello Bluebird Frosty Littles Stamp set onto  Bristol cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  Once done coloring, I die cut all my images using the Frosty Littles Die.  Now, it's time to assemble my framed snowman scene. To do this, attach the inked panel to the scalloped rectangle(I used foam tape for dimension, but it's not necessay). Next, using white cardstock cut your snow drift border using Trinity Stamps Scenic Border Die Set    and attach to front with tape runner or whatever adhesive you prefer.  Arrange the snowmen however you'd like and use foam squares to attach to card front.  I added the Be Jolly speech bubble and white embossed snowflakes from the Frosty Friends Stamp set to my scene. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment across the top in black ink from the Typed Christmas Stamp set.

Copic colors I used :)

To complete my card, I took a 7 X 8 1/2" piece of heavy white cardsock and scored at 3 1/2" on the 7" side to create my card base.  I cut a piece of red snowflake patterned paper from my stash to 3 1/2 X 8 1/2" and attached to card base Finally, I centered my scalloped rectangle onto card and attached with tape runner.      

Are you finished making your Christmas cards, or are you just scratching the surface like me? 

Thanks for stopping by today...Happy Crafting!

Tammy XO


2 comments:

  1. Love the card and the tags you showed on Insta.....I started my cards but i don't have a complete card made...i keep changing my mind on what exactly I am doing with the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Heidi! Haha, I’m the worst...I’ll have an idea in my head, start making it, and it ends up completely different! I have many unfinished cards! 🤣

    ReplyDelete

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...