Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Christmas in July with Sunny Studio

Hi Friends! Since it's July 1st, I thought a Christmas in July card would be a fun way to kick off the month. My card today is featuring the Stitched Semi-Circle Dies, paired with the darling flamingos from Fabulous Flamingos. These cuties are ready to spread some holiday cheer, tropical style!


To begin, I cut white cardstock to a 5 1/2" square. using the largest die from the Stitched Semi-Circle Dies, I cut out a window. Next, I ink blended a piece of Bristol cardstock with Abandoned Coral and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide inks. Using the Catch A Wave Dies, I cut a wave border and ink blended it with Peacock Feathers for a nice, bright water line. I then cut a sandy border, using the Woodland Borders Die, and ink blended it with Antiqued Linen and Vintage Photo Distress oxide inks. Using a paintbrush, I flicked some thinned down brown paint onto my sand to create some interest.


I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and die cut images from the following sets:


Copic Colors used:
Flamingos: R22, R20, R30, R00, Y38, Y35
Pineapples: YR24, Y35, Y15, Y11, YG17, YG03, YG01
Santa Hats: R22, R24, R29, R39, W0
Palm Trees: YG67, YG17, YG03, YG01, E40, E42, E44


Using foam tape, I attached the white stitched panel over my inked background. I arranged the stamped images onto my card, attaching some with foam tape for dimension.
To complete my card, I stamped my sentiment (combining Fabulous Flamingos and Merry Mice) onto a black cardstock strip and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Finally, I attached my card front to a 5 1/2" square white card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my tropical Christmas in July card! See you next time...

XO,
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...