Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Lawn Fawn Blog Feature for Simon Says Stamp

Hi guys! I'm so excited to be over on the Simon Says Stamp blog with a fun birthday card, featuring Lawn Fawn. My slimline card is a nice mix of new and older products, showing how seamlessly all the sets combine to create a unique scene!


To begin, I cut Bristol smooth cardstock using the Portrait Scalloped Slimline Die. I taped off the scalloped edges with washi tape, then ink blended the background with Salty Ocean, Broken China, and Tumbled Glass  Distress Oxide inks. Next, I placed the Starry Sky Stencil over the top portion of the background and applied a layer of Gina K Iridescent Glitz Glitter Gel to add some shimmer and texture to my background.


Next, I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and die cut images from the following sets:

Easter Before 'N Afters (basket for hot air balloon)

After I die cut the baskets from the Easter Before 'N Afters, I simply cut the handle off to create a fun little basket for the critters! Next, I arranged the colored images onto my card, attaching some with foam tape for dimension. 


I then stamped the Happy Birthday from Really High Five in Jet Black Premium Ink along the bottom of my card. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of Black Licorice cardstock using Clear Embossing Ink and embossed it with White Embossing Powder to complete my card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you next time!

Hugs,
Tammy






1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy. I followed a hop to your page and I like alot of you posts. I do not see a way to sign up for emails to follow your blog. Am I just missing it?

    ReplyDelete

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...