Friday, July 30, 2021

Teacher Appreciation with Sunny Studio

Hello! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog with a fun project, featuring Teacher Appreciation, a versatile sentiment set that can be used not only for teachers, but for so many occasions and people in your life! For my project, I created an A2 card and a fun pencil shaped card.


For the A2 card I started with a white cardstock card base, then layered a green dotted rectangle cut from the Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones 6X6 Paper. Next, I added some fun notebook looking paper I found in my stash and stamped it with a sentiment from Teacher Appreciation in black ink, then added a little apple from  Harvest Mice . To create the pencil, I cut yellow striped paper from the  Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones 6X6 Paper using the Slimline Pennant Die. I cut 3 more pennants using kraft, guava, and silver cardstock. I created a scalloped edge using the smaller border die from the Slimline Pennant Die, then layered it over the kraft pennant. I used the Fishtail Banner Dies to create the pointed edge of the pencil. I then trimmed down the silver and guava pennants and attached to create the eraser and silver band you would find on a pencil. I added a little piece of charcoal cardstock to the end of the pencil to look like the lead. 

I attached the pencil to the card with foam tape for dimension, then white heat embossed the sentiment onto a charcoal cardstock sentiment strip to complete my card.


The shaped card was created exactly as the pencil on the A2 card, but I used the larger pennant from the Slimline Pennant Die to create it. Once the pencil was created, I attached it to a white card base, measuring 2 3/4 X 6 1/2" when folded. I then trimmed the sides along the pencil to create the pointed shape. Next, I stamped the sentiment in black ink from Teacher Appreciation onto some patterned paper and die cut it with the Stitched Circle Dies. I then layered it onto a charcoal Scalloped Circle Mat, added a small apple from Harvest Mice , and adhered to my card with foam tape to complete it!


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my projects today! See you next time!

Hugs,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puddle Jumpers with Sunny Studio

Hello friends! I'm over on the Sunny Studio blog   with a Spring inspired box card, featuring the adorable set, Puddle Jumpers. All the ...